Sunday 17 March 2013

On Black Library Limited Edition Signature Pages

In my post Mephiston: Lord of Death - Review part 1 I talked about the Signature pages in Black Library Limited Edition/Time novellas and how I felt they could do with improvement. It was pointed out to me by "Emeryt" in the comments section that Black Library had briefly touched upon this in one of their "Brotherhood of the Storm" email updates (sent to people who had ordered the Novella and were waiting for it to arrive).



I looked at my old emails and sure enough I found this:



It states that the signature page for "Brotherhood of the Storm", and presumably their other books as well, are signed loose, then sent to the publisher and bound within the final copy of the book. i wonder if these are therefor not printed by the book printers themselves but are in fact printed "in house" by Black Library. Just a little bit of an interesting fact, as I don't know how this would affect the style and design of the signature page.


- Thanks again to Piotr "Emeryt" Jaworski for pointing this out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment